What measurements do you need to calculate BMI?
How is BMI calculated? With the metric system, the formula for BMI is weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared. Because height is commonly measured in centimeters, divide height in centimeters by 100 to obtain height in meters.
Which 2 measurements do you need to calculate a client’s BMI?
Formula: weight (lb) / [height (in)]2 x 703
Then, calculate BMI by dividing weight in pounds (lb) by height in inches (in) squared and multiplying by a conversion factor of 703.
How do you calculate BMI step by step?
If you’re in the mood to pull out your calculator, follow these steps to determine your BMI:
- Multiply your height in inches times your height in inches.
- Divide your weight by the number you arrived at in Step 1.
- Multiply the number you came up with in Step 2 by 705. The result is your BMI.
How do you solve BMI step by step?
Follow these steps to calculate your BMI:
- Convert your weight from pounds to kilograms. Your weight (in pounds) ÷ 2.2 = your weight (in kilograms). …
- Convert your height from inches to meters. Your height (in inches) ÷ 39.37 = your height (in meters). …
- Calculate your Body Mass Index.
How do you calculate BMI in the Philippines?
To Calculate BMI Metric
- Formula: weight (kg) / [height (m)]21.
- Example: weight = 68 kg, height = 165 cm (1.65 m)
- BMI calculation: 68 / (1.65)2 = 24.98.
What is the formula of BMI Brainly?
Simply divide your weight in kilograms by your height in metres squared.
How is BMI calculated in India?
BMI or body mass index is a measure of how much body mass an individual has according to his weight and height. To calculate your BMI, simply divide your weight in kilograms by your height squared in metres.
What are the 3 steps to calculating your BMI?
To calculate your body mass index (BMI), start by measuring your height in meters and then squaring it. Then, divide your weight in kilograms by your height in meters squared to find your BMI. If you’re using imperial measurements, start by measuring your height in inches and then squaring it.
How can I measure my BMI at home?
DIY: To determine your BMI, divide your weight (in pounds) by your height (in centimeters) squared, and multiply that number by 703.
How do you find the BMI classification?
Adult Body Mass Index
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the healthy weight range.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obesity range.
How do you calculate BMI in pounds and inches?
It can be calculated using pounds and inches: BMI = (weight in pounds x 703) / (height in inches x height in inches).