What is the causes of obesity?
Obesity is generally caused by eating too much and moving too little. If you consume high amounts of energy, particularly fat and sugars, but do not burn off the energy through exercise and physical activity, much of the surplus energy will be stored by the body as fat.
What are the main consequences of obesity?
Consequences of Obesity
- All-causes of death (mortality)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (Dyslipidemia)
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Gallbladder disease.
- Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
What are 5 consequences of obesity?
High blood pressure (hypertension). High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia). Type 2 diabetes. Coronary heart disease.
What are 4 consequences of obesity?
As BMI increases, so do blood pressure, low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or “bad”) cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, and inflammation. These changes translate into increased risk for coronary heart disease, stroke, and cardiovascular death: Obesity and Coronary Artery Disease.
What are 3 main causes of obesity?
Many factors influence body weight-genes, though the effect is small, and heredity is not destiny; prenatal and early life influences; poor diets; too much television watching; too little physical activity and sleep; and our food and physical activity environment.
What are the causes of obesity and overweight?
What causes obesity and overweight?
- an increased intake of energy-dense foods that are high in fat and sugars; and.
- an increase in physical inactivity due to the increasingly sedentary nature of many forms of work, changing modes of transportation, and increasing urbanization.
What causes obesity in children?
Children become overweight for many different reasons. The most common causes are lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating patterns, genetic factors (“runs in the family”), or a combination of these factors. Only in rare cases is being overweight caused by a medical condition such as a hormone disorder.
What are types of obesity?
6 Types of Obesity
- Food Obesity.
- Thickness due to Nervous Stomach.
- Gluten diet.
- Genetic metabolic Obesity.
- Venous Circulation Obesity.