Essential oils are naturally produced in a wide variety of plants through a set of complex enzyme reactions, and stored within glands both internally and on the surface of the plant.
Recent research has shown that plants produce essential oils for a number of functions. They provide strong aromas that attract pollinators, thereby increasing chance of dispersal. They also play a role in alleopathy, preventing other vegetation from outcompeting a plant. Essential oils can serve as a defence mechanism against insects and animals, and provide anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that aid in plant survival.
Pure essential oils have many potential health and wellness benefits, and are a great alternative to toxic cleaning and beauty products.
How to use Essential Oils
- Diffuse a blend or single oil with an
ultrasonic diffuser. Ultrasonic diffusers are an excellent option, because they diffuse the oil in a micro fine vapour without heating the oils – ensuring that you get the full benefit
- Inhale aroma directly from the bottle
Please be sure to check the label on your essential oils – some oils are very potent, and should be diluted with a carrier oil before application.
- Apply neat (without dilution) directly to skin
- Dilute with a carrier oil (coconut, jojoba, olive, sesame) and apply to skin
- Apply essential oils these areas: crown of head, temples, behind ears, neck, upper back, abdomen, over vital organs, soles and top of feet, ankles
- Make diluted roller bottles or spray bottles with your oils for easy application
Ingesting essential oils can be nutritious and delicious! Note that all oils are not safe for ingestion, be sure to check the label first. The new Young Living Vitality essential oils (same oil, new label!) have been labeled for dietary use. Click here for a complete list of the vitality oils.
- One drop under the tongue
- Add one drop to a teaspoon of honey, added to your tea!
- Use vegetable capsules and fill with several drops of essential oil
- Add flavour to salad dressings, teas, smoothies, and even baking – a few drops goes a long way!
Why is Quality so important?
Essential oils offer the greatest benefits when they are in their natural, pure state.
Oils that are cut with synthetic chemicals, diluted, or extracted using chemical solvents have been altered from their natural state and lack the beneficial components that pure essential oils provide.
Young Living essential oils are pure, which makes them powerful and effective. Young living is world leader in essential oils, and has the highest standards to guarantee safe and effective products.
I use essential oils because I care about my health, and my family’s health. It makes a world of difference for me to be able to trust that my essential oils are safe, and pure.
*Please note that information provided here at Wild Green Life is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, nor replace current medical treatment or drugs prescribed by your healthcare professional. This blog is for educational purposes only.*
Free Essential Oils Cheat Sheet
Just learning how to use essential oils? Subscribe to download a free copy of my Natural Remedies Guide Cheat Sheet!
Plus, you will get weekly tips on how to use essential oils, delivered right to your inbox!