Orange, otherwise known as “liquid sunshine” is a very versatile essential oil. As we are coming into the fall and winter season, this is a good essential oil to have in your collection because it is so warming!
10 Ways to use Orange Essential Oil
Orange essential oil acts as a nervine and calmative on your nervous system – meaning it enhances relaxation! Many people are familiar with using citrus oils to enhance positive emotions and energize the body. The great thing about orange compared to other citrus oils is that it is also relaxing, so you are safe to diffuse this before bedtime (maybe with lavender) to unwind
Orange also acts as a carminative and antispasmodic, and is therefore useful when experiencing digestive discomfort. Dilute a couple of drops in a carrier oil, and apply topically.
Need a boost of energy?
Add 1 drop of orange and 1 drop peppermint essential oil to the palms of your hands. Rub together, and inhale the aroma for a energizing pick-me-up, or apply to the back of your neck. This is perfect for afternoons at the office & may help you kick that caffeine habit!
Apply orange essential oil topically to reduce the appearance of blemishes! This would be a great oil to add to my favourite face oil serum,
Festive Diffuser Blend
Mix orange with cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg for a festive fall & winter aroma in the diffuser!
Upgrade your morning orange juice…
Orange essential oil contains the naturally occurring constituents limonene, myrcene, and alpha-pinene. Add 1 drop or orange vitality to your morning glass or OJ or Ningxia Red to upgrade the health benefits!
I love diffusing 5 drops of orange with 5 drops of eucalyptus globulus essential oil. You’ll feel like you’re in a steam room at a spa – this blend opens the respiratory system up and helps you breathe easy!
The citrus oils are perfect for cleaning because they polish away stubborn stains and grease! Add a couple drops to your thieves cleaner to give it an extra boost. Or, add a couple drops to a jar with baking soda and place in the fridge to eliminate bad odors.
Have you ever tried making your own natural perfume roller bottle? You’ll never go back to wearing toxic synthetic perfume after you try this! Fill a 10 ml roller bottle 3/4 of the way with fractionated coconut oil. Then add: 5 drops orange, 10 drops awaken, 5 drops grapefruit, and 5 drops bergamot! You can really get creative with blends like this, but this is one that I have personally made and enjoy!
Orange is great for eliminating bad odors! Make an easy DIY bathroom freshening spray with witch hazel, water, and orange essential oil! Shake it up, and spray in the bathroom to eliminate bad odors. I also like to keep one of these in my car, and spray it every time I get in. Everyone always comments on how great my car smells!
Want to learn more about using essential oils for everyday wellness?
Check out the natural remedies guideto find out which essential oil might best suit your wellness needs!
HOW TO PURCHASE ESSENTIAL OILS
It’s as simple as creating a wholesale account with Young Living! There are two options: you can purchase a Premium Starter Kit (which includes 11 essential oils + a diffuser, and is the most economical way to go), or you can create a wholesale account for free in Canada, and purchase any essential oils you’d like at 24% off retail.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP, AND FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Select the “Member” membership type. This choice allows you to get discounted pricing and it qualifies you for the potential of referral commissions, and allows you to enjoy the benefits and convenience of Essential Rewards.
- Enter my enroller number: 3419014 into both the enroller and sponsor fields
- Select your country and language.
- Click “Continue”.
- Fill out your shipping information. Click “I agree” to the terms and conditions, and click “Agree and Continue.”
- Choose the Premium Starter Kit (or if you’re in Canada, you can skip this step and order any products you’d like once your account is set up).
- Once you’ve completed this process, you will be given your own member number, which will allow you to start shopping with wholesale prices immediately. At this point, I recommend that you sign up for Essential Rewards, so that you can earn FREE oils and enjoy discounted shipping every month!