When I got home I was very happy to see me entire oils collection, but I did pretty good with what I brought. Keep reading to see a couple of my suggestions for essential oils to pack on your next trip, although of course use your discretion if there is a certain one missing that you use every single day!
I’d love to hear from you as well, please comment with your favourite essential oils and suggestions for traveling!
How to pack essential oils for your flight
The regulations for liquids in your carry-on baggage allow you to bring up to 1 litre of liquid (total), in small bottles no larger than 100 ml. Make sure that the lids are secure on your EO bottles, and place them in a ziplock bag, like I have in the photo below.
I like to keep this in my personal bag that I have with me on the flight, so that I have access to the oils while flying! In addition to the oils I mention in this post above, I also packed a couple of customized roller bottle blends that I make myself!
What to pack: Must – Have essential oils for travelling
- The “swiss army knife” of essential oils – I never leave the house without my bottle of lavender
- Great for the skin after being out in the sun
- Recedes stress
- Encourages sound & restful sleep
- Can be used to help relieve headache
In Aromatherapy (sacred frankincense) can be used topically:
- or inhaled can act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation
- to relieve minor skin irritation, cuts, bruises & burns
- or inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough
** Pro Tip: I made the mistake of leaving my bottle of frankincense behind on my last trip! Moral of the story: you never know what might happen when you’re on vacation, and sacred frankincense is so powerful for relieving minor skin irritation, cuts, bruises, and burns! Frankincense encourages healthy cell regeneration. I was worried about flying with oils in the case that they were lost or taken away, so I didn’t bring frankincense because it is a more expensive oil. But, as long as you pack your oils carefully and follow the guidelines for liquids in your carry-on, you should be fine. Keep reading for tips on packing essential oils in your carry-on! If you’re still worried about bringing expensive oils, consider diluting in a roll-on, or bringing a sample size. **
- Worried about germs in the airport? Use thieves for immune support
- Rub a drop or two on the feet every day, on the base of the neck, or take internally in a veggie capsule
- Works as an air purifier, or natural cleaner
4. Tea Tree
- Especially beneficial to the skin!
- Soothing after a long day in the sun
- Relief from minor skin irritation/ bug bites
For Long Car Rides
5. Aroma Ease
- Essential for digestive support while travellin
- Promotes feelings of calmness
- Occasional nausea + motion sickness
- Rub a drop or two on your tumm
- Or, take internally in a veggie capsule
- I never leave this behind on long road trips – essential for car sickness, and for staying alert and awake!
- Helps with occasional upset
tummy – when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic
- Promotes healthy respiratory function – can be inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough
- Can act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation
- Cooling for the skin after being out in the sun
- Used to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis
7. Deep Relief
- As a nervine and calmative, enhancing relaxation
- As a carminative and antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort
- To help relieve colds and coughs
- Treat yourself to an on-the-go mini massage with Deep Relief oil along your neck and shoulders or onto any other area you choose.
- Apply to your skin and enjoy the cooling sensation of Peppermint in this popular blend.
For Long airplane rides:
Roll-on bottles are so convenient for applying essential oils when you’re on a flight! These two oils + an awesome neck support pillow make a long flight much more comfortable. Make sure you hydrate on the plane, and bring healthy snacks!
- Essential for a good night’s sleep
- Perfect for using on the airplane – keeps you feeling refreshed with all that stuffy air, and calm
- Use to recover from jet lag
- Contains cedarwood, which encourages sound sleep
10. Breathe Again
- Don’t like breathing in stale air on a long flight? This oil is your friend! Apply to neck, chest, and throat. Breathe again will keep you feeling refreshed and invigorated.
11. Stress Away
- Get into vacation mode!
- This soothing fragrance also includes lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium.
- Featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in Cedarwood, Stress Away can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension.
- Diffuse a few drops of Stress Away and Peppermint essential oils to unwind and uplift after a stressful day.
- Combine Stress Away and Lavender essential oils and diffuse before bed to promote a relaxing and restful evening.
- Treat yourself to a soothing soak when you combine Stress Away, Epsom salts, and a warm bath.
12. Citrus Fresh
- contains orange, grapefruit, mandarin, tangerine, lemon, spearmint
- energizing, uplifting
- brings a feeling of calm and joy
- works as an air purifier or great natural cleaner
- Diffuse, directly inhale, or dilute and apply topically
- Add a couple drops to a glass of water to stay refreshed
QUALITY ESSENTIAL OILS
Always make sure you’re using the most pure essential oils… After all, anything that goes on your body, should be good enough to go in your body. This is why I choose to use and share Young Living essential oils, over any other oil company – they are the most pure essential oils in the world! Read more about their Seed to Seal quality here.
To purchase these beautiful, 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils, visit my
Get Started! and Essential Oils pages.
Or, to start purchasing essential oils at 24% off retail right away, you can enroll for your Young Living wholesale account with this link: http://bit.ly/EnrollWithJasmine