This is the easiest, most rewarding DIY yet! If your in a crunch for time but need a thoughtful gift, try this recipe. All you’ll need is cocoa butter, coconut oil and essential oils.
The key to making this body butter amazing is to really whip it like crazy. I’ve tried making this without an electronic handheld blender, and it really didn’t turn out very well. You definitely have to make sure to whip it for about 10 minutes to ensure that you get the nice fluffy, creamy texture. Otherwise, you’ll end up with super thick and greasy cream that doesn’t apply very nicely.
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic solid cocoa butter (do not use lotion)
- 15 drops of your favourite essential oil (we love Cedarwood, Lavender, and Frankincense essential oils)
- Warm a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, then add coconut oil and cocoa butter. Melt until completely liquefied, about 4–5 minutes.
- Pour into a glass mixing bowl and place in refrigerator for 30–45 minutes to cool and just set but not harden.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip until firm peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Gently transfer to a seal-able jar or container. Store at room temperature to avoid melting or solidifying.
- Massage into dry skin!
I used a blend of patchouli, orange, lavender, northern lights black spruce, lemongrass, and lemon, to make a variation of Lush’s Karma Kream.
A blend of peppermint, wintergreen & rosemary would make a really nice foot massage cream.
Or, lavender and bergamot would help sooth dry skin and calming the nerves.