Fall is the time of year where our immune systems can take a hit, and it’s especially hard to keep up with work and school if you’re not on your A-game. We all want to stay healthy during the fall season, and who wouldn’t want to ditch the synthetics and use more natural ways to boost your immune system this fall? Nature’s living energy: essential oils, have the power to change your wellness routine and empower you to live a healthier lifestyle.
Here are 6 essential oil products that I will be using this fall season to keep me healthy and full of energy. If you’re ready to re-evalute your health routine, ditch toxic chemicals and cosmetics, then read on! These oils have made a radical difference in my life, and I want to share how you can make a change to effective, pure natural health products in your home.
1. Immupower – Immupower is a potent blend of oils that help support a healthy immune system, including: hyssop, mountain savory, cistus , ravensara , frankinense , oregano, clove , cumin, and idaho tansy. Diffuse daily to protect your home environment from germs and airborne bacteria. ImmuPower may also be applied to the bottoms of feet, at the base of the neck and along the spine.
This is an absolute must-have for cold & flu season. I find that Immupower has a strong smell of cumin, and is best applied (one drop at a time) to the big toe. If I start to feel something coming on, I will do this in the morning before I put my socks on, as well as before bed. This would be a great routine if you have kids in school, to help boost their immune system and ward off any germs at they may encounter during the day, or before you go to work. Now that I am used to the smell of it, I find I actually really like immupower in the diffuser. If I had to choose only two oils for winter, it would definitely be immupower and thieves…
2. Thieves – Thieves is a blend of clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, eucalyptus (E. radiate). The legend goes that a group of spice traders became thieves during the highly contagious bubonic plague. The four thieves robbed the sick, dead and dying, and were protected from the highly contagious germs. They were eventually caught by the King’s men, and forced to tell the secret to their immunity. When the King learned their secret, he had the thieves oil recipe posted throughout the city.
The essential oils of clove, rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus included in this blend have been approved by Health Canada as natural health products.These oils can be inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough. Diffuse thieves during the day or night to purify the air. You can also apply a couple drops to the bottom of your feet, or wear a drop or two on a diffuser necklace throughout the day.
3. Ningxia Red – Start your day with a glass of Ningxia Red, or bring it to work/school to keep you rejuvenated through the day. Ningxia red is an essential oil infused, antioxidant supplement made from premium wolf berry puree (which is touted for its health benefits). Also featuring plum, aronia, cherry, blueberry, and pomegranate juices and extracts, Young Living’s NingXia Red is packed with superfoods to support overall wellness. Ningxia is infused with pure vanilla extract, Lemon, Orange, Yuzu, and Tangerine essential oils for a great-tasting, healthy treat.
Young Living NingXia Red benefits include support for energy levels, normal cellular function, and whole-body and normal eye health. A daily shot of 2–4 ounces helps support overall wellness with powerful antioxidants.
Oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) is a method of measuring antioxidant capacities. When Ningxia red was tested, the ORAC results showed that it is the highest antioxidant food on the market. It also contains wide-spectrum antioxidants, meaning that it supports the body agains many different forms of free radicals that could be in the body.
1 oz. of NingXia Red has the same amount of antioxidant levels as:
34 large onions
or 100 oranges
or 814 blueberries
or 22 medium carrots
or 10.85 pounds of spinach
or 55.33 pounds of almonds
or 59 broccoli florets
or 73 medium strawberries
or 93 apples
or 130 tomatoes
4. R.C. – Contains three different kinds of eucalyptus and is comforting when applied to the chest and throat. Eucalyptus can be inhaled to help relieve headache, or to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough. To combat congestion, add R.C. to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place a towel over your head and inhale the steam from the mixture. OR, try making this easy Respiratory Congestion balm for cold & flu season. Similar to a vapo rub, minus the chemicals & preservatives:
5. Lavender – Lavender is sometimes called the “swiss army knife” of essential oils, because it is useful for so many things. For the fall season, I suggest using lavender in the diffuser at bedtime to promote restful sleep for both kids and adults. A good night’s sleep is so important for your health, and can make all the difference for your immune system. Your body needs that time to detox and renew. A good blend for the diffuser is 4 drops of lavender, and 4 drops of cedarwood. Both act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation.
6. Lemon – Speaking of detox… the fall is a great time of year to re-evaluate your wellness and nutrition routine, and detox your body. The morning is a time of detoxification, and it’s a great idea to drink a couple of large glasses of water as soon as you wake up in the morning. Add a drop or two of lemon vitality essential oil to your water or Ningxia red for a refreshing drink. Another great idea is to add lemon to your (glass or metal) water bottle before you head out for the day. This will help keep you hydrated, and ensure you’re boosting your immune system all day long! Lemon essential oil is rich in the constituent Limonene. It can be also inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cough or cold.
QUALITY ESSENTIAL OILS
Essential oils offer the greatest benefits when they are in their natural, pure state. Oils that are cut with synthetic chemicals, diluted, or extracted using chemical solvents have been altered from their natural state and lack the beneficial components that pure essential oils provide.
Or, to start purchasing essential oils at 24% off retail right away, you can enroll for your Young Living wholesale account with this link: http://bit.ly/EnrollWithJasmine