One of my favorite things in the morning is to wake up and have a breakfast waiting for me. The fall season can be a busy time for many people, and getting the right nutrition in the morning is so important for you to have a productive day.
This chia parfait is one of the most nutritious, filling and easy breakfast recipes out there. You will have to make it ahead of time, but it couldn’t be more simple! The bonus is that when you wake up in the morning before work or school, your breakfast will be ready and waiting for you!
Chia seeds are hydrophilic because they contain water soluble fibre. This means they swell and take on water when they are hydrated. They will keep you feeling hydrated & full for longer. The perfect breakfast fuel!
Sometimes referred to as the warrior superfood, chia seeds are an excellent source of fibre, and a perfect meal to eat before exercising, because of their sticky nature. They are one of few plant foods that provide a complete protein – they contain all 9 essential amino acids that the body needs.
As featured on LiveWell Collective!
Coconut Chia Parfait
A fresh, light, chia seed parfait, perfect for a summer breakfast.
This simple recipe is best served with fruit, or topped with a fresh berry smoothie. Garnish with bee pollen and goji berries. For chocolate chia parfait, you can add raw cacao powder, which is the best plant based source of iron!
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- optional: raw cacao powder
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut milk and chia seeds with a whisk.
- Add in the vanilla extract and maple syrup. For a chocolate chia parfait, you can add raw cacao powder.
- Mix + cover, then let the chia expand overnight in the fridge.
- Garnish with berries, a fresh smoothie, bee pollen and goji berries, & Enjoy!